Alexa has changed the lives of many people by providing them with better ease and comfort in performing different tasks. Alexa is not only helpful but also provides you with a good source of entertainment.
There are a number of things that Alexa can do for you. You can ask Alexa anything related to news or weather and Alexa will update you. If you have the smart home appliances like Nest smart thermostat or the smart bulbs, then you can control the home appliances by using Alexa.
Book your uber or -play music just with a voice assistant. There are many benefits that Alexa can offer, but along with that many issues are also there as the technology can never be perfect.
Your Alexa might stop listening to your commands or might respond slow to your queries. If you are one of those people who is having the problem that Alexa is not working, then here are some common solution which can help you.
Is Alexa not working? Try these solutions:
- Enable and disable the privacy of Alexa
- Tap “Alexa button” from the bottom of your Nucleus screen, it will enable the privacy of Alexa.
- Tap the button again to give a command to Alexa and start speaking with Alexa again.
If you are still not getting any response:
- Go to the settings.
- Click on Amazon Alexa.
- Sign out and you are supposed to return to the “setting screen”.
- Click on Amazon Alexa again.
- Sign in with Amazon, mention the login credentials and click on white arrow present in the circle.
- On the next screen, Tap “done”, then X in the upper left corner to leave the setting.
- Try to give commands to Alexa again.
Make sure for your Alexa app, you are using is compatible:
If Alexa is not working check whether the device is :
- Fire OS 3.0 or higher
- Android 5.0 or higher
- iOS 9.0 or higher
Once you have checked that your device is compatible, you can try these solutions:
- Close the app.
- Restart your smartphone.
- Uninstall the app and Install it again.
Important- once you have uninstalled the app, it will disable the operating system which is previously enabled. When the un-installation process gets completed, you need to revisit every feature and enable the provided permissions again.
- Load the web page again.
- Clear all the cookies and cache from your browser ( once you removed the cookies and cache from your web browser, it will remove all the website settings from the browser.
- Close your web browser and again open it.
If still, Alexa is not working or echo dot speaker not working, then you can contact the Customer support team at 1-877-213-7013.