The issue of registration failure is very common with Amazon echo dot, the user is not able to register the software application or device to the Amazon Account. But, you do not need to worry as we will help you to detect the error (Echo Dot Registration Failure) and provide the effective solution.
The Reason Behind Echo Dot Registration Failure is:
- Echo device is defective.
- Echo device is reported stolen and lost.
- Amazon has shipped the product having a duplicate serial number.
Initial Steps to Troubleshoot the Issue:
- Make sure that your device is running on the latest software version available, so update your device.
- Your login credentials to sign-in must be correct.
- Your Echo dot device should be in the difference of at least 8 inches from walls.
- You must place echo dot device away from the electronic appliances.
- A device should not be connected to the wired network.
- Make sure you meet the minimum requirement of bandwidth i.e 2.4 GHz to 5Ghz.
A Complete Registration Process:
- Restart your echo dot device.
- Press the reset and hold a button for at least 5 seconds with a paperclip.
- Wait till the light ring turns off and again turns to blue.
- When the device light turns to orange, your echo dot entered into the setup mode.
- Open Alexa and try to register the Echo Dot again.
- Turn off the modem and after 30 seconds restart it again, the same step for the router.
- Unplug the power adapter for at least 5 seconds from Echo device and plug it again.
If your new echo dot registration failure issues occur then:
- Login the device.
- Tap on the advanced tab.
- Select setup from left menu and tap “WAN setup”.
- Enable the checkbox for “DOS protection and Disable port scan”.
- Tap on “Apply”.
Echo Dot Error 12:2:15:10:1
- Try to connect the echo dot with different network and check whether it works.
- Make use of a different Amazon account to register.
By following these mentioned steps, you can sort out the issues of Amazon echo dot registration failure. But still, if you are not able to register your device, you can take help from our technical experts. For this, you can call us on our technical support Toll-free number +1-877-690-9305.
Our experienced technicians will guide you in the most appropriate way to mitigate the issue.